Together we settled on a series of rules, some of which were the same as in previous projects:
- One person starts a card and then mails it to the next, who adds their work.
- Cards are ultimately returned to their originator, who is the ultimate owner of that card.
- Stamps are included on the front of the card.
- The conversation is visual - we don't discuss works-in-progress.
- Any medium may be used.
- The broad theme for the cards is details of everyday life and the project is title is Life Details.
- Addresses will go on the back of the cards.
- Each card may involve 2, 3 or 4 people. The starter writes on the back how many people will be involved. If it is a three-person card, the second person chooses who will finish the card, and that person returns it to the originator after it is complete. If it is a four person card, the third person, chooses the fourth, and that person finishes the card and returns it to the originator.
- Each person will include their initials on the front of the card in such a way that the viewer can see the order in which the collaboration proceeded eg GI-YC-CA-WK.